Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good Finds

I thought I would share some good products and deals I found. I am not affiliated with these companies but I love the products and the prices I found. First off I found a great deal on birch xylitol. I don't buy the cheap stuff which is made with corn or who knows what. It's more expensive for the birch xylitol but it's quality and I'm willing to pay for it. Otherwise I just wouldn't use xylitol at all. I had bought Xyla brand xylitol locally and paid $9.99 for one pound. The cheapest I had found it online was $8 per lb. and that still was pretty expensive. I found though that you can buy directly from the company website and pay$5.19 per lb. That is really good! They also sell mints, gum, candy, condiments, and jams. They sell a powdered version of xylitol that you could mix with tapioca flour to make powdered sugar. I did standard shipping which wasn't bad and brought the price up to $6 something per pound. The order came fairly quick too so I am pleased and plan to order from them again.www.xylitolusa.com

The second product I wanted to share is TheraNeem Cleansing Bar for sensitive skin. It's made with certified organic ingredients and is Paraben Free, Sulfate Free, and Gluten Free. I had bought some about a month or so ago to help prevent me from getting a possible contagious skin infection from a family member. I will say I wouldn't have bought the soap otherwise because neem oil is not a pleasant smell. Not terrible but not something I would say, "Oh I want my soap to smell like that!" So, anyhow I did try it and I LOVE it! It isn't a pretty smell like I said but not bad either. Kind of an earthy smell but not strong. I am very sensitive to smells and it doesn't trouble me. It's not like sandalwood earthy that knocks you over if you are sensitive to smells. You get the idea. Anyhow, I found it really has made an improvement in my skin, especially my face. This is the smoothest and clearest my skin has been in ages. I have been using it to wash my hair too and found it helps with dry scalp. I was using Dr. Bronner, since that was the only other soap that didn't seem to irritate me very much, but it did tend to be a bit drying to my skin and made my scalp dry. I ran out of my TheraNeem bar soap and my scalp was dry again and my skin felt tighter and dryer. Got another bar and all is well again. I am sold on this stuff for life as long as I can continue to find it. Locally it is hard to find in the stores and a bit pricey. I have found some at Vitacost.com where I can save about $1.60 per bar. Hopefully I will be able to continue to buy it there. If you are interested in checking it out TheraNeem has a website. I can't vouch for their other products but the Cleansing Bar for sensitive skin is great. Just for the record, I did try to buy some other popular brands of neem oil soap but they had killer essential oils that were too strong for me and I couldn't even use them.

The last product is for anyone in the New England, NY, NJ, and PA area. Real Pickles. These are the BEST pickles! They are lacto-fermented, meaning they are made without vinegar and are a great source of natural probiotics. You can read about the health benefits here. Lacto-fermented means lactic acid and they do not contain lactose. They do make Kimchi and other pickled items but I haven't tried them so I can't say on those. I imagine they are pretty good judging by the pickles. They are the closest I have found to my grandmother's pickles. YUM!!! If you can't find them at your local health food store, you can order from them online and the prices include the shipping.

Ok, well that is all of the "good finds" I have for today. If you try these and like them let me know. If you have any good finds and would like to share please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you. Please keep it positive and kind. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...