Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ranch Dressing


One night I found we had no ketchup to go with dinner. I had to come up with something to use for a dipping sauce quick. I used what I had on hand to make a dressing of sorts that turned out to be an excellent ranch dressing. My husband loved it. This will be our go to ranch dressing from now on. In fact we probably will continue to use this instead of ketchup for fries. I also used this in a salmon salad sandwich today and it was very good. This mixes up quick and you can easily double or triple the recipe to fit the amount you need. 

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise (if you don't to mayo, you could always use sour cream)
1/4 tsp dry dill weed
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dry parsley flakes

Mix everything well until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container. If you allow it to set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes the flavors will be even better.

Optional: You can also add 1 tsp of  liquid whey from yogurt to help it keep longer and give you more probiotics. This should keep in the fridge for at least a week or more, depending on how fresh your yogurt and mayonnaise are.

Makes 1 cup.
Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF

1 comment:

  1. I <3 this recipe. Use it all the time, though I usually just use plain sour cream and use it for a very healthy dip for my, uh...potato chips :-l

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you. Please keep it positive and kind. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...