Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Steffie's Spicy Chili


When I decided to make this chili, I basically threw what I had in a pot and it came out pretty good. My husband said and I quote, "This is so good I almost feel guilty for not praying thanks twice!" LOL he loves food and I am blessed that he isn't picky and is willing to eat pretty much whatever I do or don't.

You will notice I use half the spices to brown the meat and the other half added with the sauce and beans, this gives a much richer and evenly distributed flavor throughout the dish.




1 lb ground beef (grass fed)
1 medium onion chopped
29 oz tomato sauce (gluten-free canned or home-made)
16 oz can pinto beans (you can use whatever kind of bean you like best)
1Tbs Olive Oil

Instructions:

Over Medium heat, brown beef and chopped onion in olive oil. While the meat is browning add the following spices:
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cilantro
1 tsp chili pepper flakes
1/2 tsp sea salt

When meat is browned and cooked through, add tomato sauce, beans (drained), and remaining spices as follows:
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cilantro
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Makes 6-8 servings

Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you. Please keep it positive and kind. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...